Engineering

كلمة ترحيب السيد عميد الكلية

انه من دواعى الاعتزاز ان ارحب بكم فى الموقع الالكترونى لكلية الهندسة بجامعة الخرطوم والتى تاسست فى عام 1939 تحت اسم مدرسة الهندسة لتمنح الدبلوم فى الهندسة المدنية و الميكانيكية. أما اليوم فقد اصبحت كلية الهندسة تمنح ثمانى درجات فى البكالريوس باقسام الهندسة الزراعية و الكيميائية و المدنية و الكهربائية و الالكترونية و الميكانيكية و المساحة و النفط و التعدين. كما بلغ عدد الطلاب المسجلين بالكلية اكثر من 2600 طالب بكالريوس و اكثر من 500 طالب دراسات عليا.
 

تشمل اهداف الكلية اعداد المهندسين و القيام بالابحاث و التنمية و تقديم خدمات للمجتمع كالاستشارات الهندسية و التعليم المستمر. ويقف على تنفيذ هذه الاهداف كوكبه من الاساتذة ذوي التاهيل الجيد. حيث تتكون هيئة التدريس من اكثر من 100 بروفسير و استاذ مشارك و استاذ مساعد و محاضر إضافة إلى و على اكثر من 50 من مساعدى التدريس و حوالى 200 من الفنيين و الاطر المساعدة. تقوم الكلية بتنفيذ مشروع عملاق يغطى تطوير المناهج و تحديث المعامل و انشاء مبان جديدة وتاهيل البنية التحتية، وذلك بتمويل من بنك التنمية الاسلامى بجدة و وزارة المالية و الاقتصاد الوطنى. ويتوجب علينا هنا أن نشيد ونشكر بنك التنمية و وزارة المالية و كذلك مدير الجامعة لدعمهم المستمر  لتحقيق هذا المشروع.
 

يشارك خريجو كلية الهندسة فى قيادة النهضة الصناعية بالبلاد فى مختلف القطاعات كالبناء و التشيد و توليد الطاقة والاتصال والزراعة و البترول و التعدين و الصناعات التحويلية وغيرها. كما تشارك الكلية و اساتذتها بصورة رئيسة فى التخطيط للمشاريع الاستراتيجية و  تنفيذها. ويساهم خريجو الكلية فى تنمية كثير من دول الجوار بصورة مقدرة.
 

يتمتع طلاب كلية الهندسة بديناميكة و مواهب متميزة. لتنمية بناء شخصياتهم حيث  تشجع الكلية مشاركتهم فى الانشطه الاجتماعية و الثقافية و العلمية المصاحبه فى محيط الكلية و الجامعة و الجامعات الاخرى. فعلى سبيل المثال يقوم الطلاب عن طريق جمعيتهم الهندسة بتنطيم اسبوع المهندس مره كل عامين.
 

يعزز برنامج البكالريوس بالتدريب الصيفى المكثف حيث ينفذ. الطلاب ينفذون التدريب الصيفى بالمنشأت الهندسية المحلية و العالمية. كما يقومون بالرحلات العلمية لعدد من الدول مثل سوريا و مصر و ماليزيا و الصين وتركيا فى كل عام.
مرة اخرى نرحب بكل زائر لموقع كليتنا الالكترونى املين ان تجد فيه ما يلبى رغبتك

 

 

The foundations of the present University of Khartoum were laid as far back as 1898 when Lord Kitchener issued an appeal for donations in order to build a college in memory of General Gordon. Following the recommendations of the war commission on education July 1937, the college became a centre of higher education by 1940 including within its context the School of Engineering.

In 1939, the School of Engineering was established as a post secondary college offering a five year course leading to Diploma in Engineering Science, prior to that year, engineering technical education was confined to the secondary section of Gordon College which provided elementary training in building construction surveying and applied mechanics.

In 1947, Gordon College went into special relationship with London University and became University College under the Aegis of the institution. The college was given full university status by the first Sudanese parliament in 24 th July 1956.

The Diploma course of the School of Engineering was for some ten years 1939-1949 a mixing of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering offered without specialization to all candidates joining the school. The course then given included one complete year of practical training at the Sudan Railways Workshops at Atbara, as well as one term of intensive laboratory work in Cairo University Egypt.

In 1949 a decision was taken to increase the number of years of study from five to six years of which two were to be spent in the Faculty of Science on Mathematics Physics and Chemistry.

Up to 1968, the course remained as a six year course with two years in Science and four in Engineering. However the practical training was confined to the summer vacations at the end of each of the academic session. The period of laboratory work at Cairo University as no longer necessary after 1952.

In 1957, a department of Architecture was instituted offering a Degree in Architectural Science within the Faculty of Engineering. The Architecture course runs over five years but selection is made from those who completed one year in the Faculty of Science in the Mathematical class. The first batch of student with BS.c in Architectural Science graduated in 1961.

In 1959, the Electrical Engineering Department was developed to be a degree awarding Department intend of being a service Department for Civil and Mechanical Engineers. Electrical Engineers were actually graduated in March 1964.

In 1964, and due to the industrial development in the country, the Chemical Engineering Department was established within the Faculty. The first group of Chemical Engineers were graduated in 1968.

While the syllabus and curricular were being reviewed in 1965/66 specialization was brought earlier so that after the two years in the Faculty of Science the student spent only one year in the common Engineering class followed by three years in the specialized department of his/ her choice. This arrangement started with the July 1966 intake to Engineering.

A period of consolidation of increased facilities and developments outlined above then followed until the time came when the University Senate saw it desirable to reduce the total number of years of study from six to five. The decision was mainly due to the reduction of one year training at Atbara. The increased facilities and rearrangement of syllabuses enabled spending one year only in the Faculty of Science followed by four years in the Faculty of Engineering. Thus, starting with double intake to Engineering in July 1968 from both preliminary and intermediate Science the Engineering Departments have fallen in line with other Faculties of similar nature.

In 1975, the Department of Surveying Engineering was formulated to meet the country's demand of surveying engineers. The first batch of candidates was graduated in 1980.

A special joint board was set up between the Faulty of Engineering and Architecture and the Faculty of Agriculture under the chairmanship of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture in 1976. The degree was then transferred to the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture in 1985.

The Mining Engineering Department was instituted in 1992, followed by the Petroleum Engineering Department in 1996 and finally the Basic and Engineering Sciences Department in 2006.

University of Khartoum

Contact us

Information Technology and Networks Administration (ITNA)

للتواصل معنا

We're on Social Networks. Follow us & get in touch.