Scientific progress for any nation is measured by its ability to keep up with scientific development about the human, the universe and the life. In addition to conducting the necessary research to guarantee its continuity and progress. The scientific level of any nation is exemplified by its reservoir of scientific research for that community in a certain time, and the ability of that nation to use that reservoir in comprehensive development processes that is reflected on life. The interaction between natural scientists and their social and human counterparts is a necessity for the healthy structure of a nation. This is attributed to its effect on the community and enabling it to face the new challenges and to cope with the current scientific attitudes towards technology.
Therefore, Mechanical Engineering Department has two final year projects in B.Sc.:
- The department is engaged in number of research projects of industrial and theoretical importance under Thermo-fluid research areas. The main work falls into the following:
- High speed and low speed aerodynamics;
- Combustion and jet flow application;
- Control of turbulent flows via smart/active surfaces.
- Energy conservation/comfort in buildings;
- Multi-phase flows; and
- Computational modelling of turbulent flows.