• The role and usages of geodetic application in Engineering Surveying
• Applications of static Scanners in Deformation measurements and analysis,
• Satellite Geodesy positioning and Lidar systems integrations and implementations.
• Physical Geodesy with particular emphasis in enhancing global gravity and geoid models to fit Sudan territories.
• Hydrographic and bathymetric surveying and their implications in tides and
the determinations of sea rises, orthometric heights and national boundaries.
• Geodynamics and crustal deformations and its local and regional effects.
• Modelling of the Propagation of electromagnetic waves
• Geospatial and GIS strategies, implementation and Enterprise solutions.
• Analytical and Digital Photogrammetry.
• Development of Geospatial Solutions
• Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
• Use of Remote Sensing, Topographic Analysis and GIS to develop Solutions for Natural Resources
• Evaluation and Management
• Spatial Analysis
• The National Geographical Information System center of U of K:-
- serves all GIS in the country.
- training of GIS users.
- provide advice to existing GIS Departments.
- participating in GIS conferences & workshop in the region & in the international conferences.
* The National Hydrographic Surveying in the Sudan:
- promoting hydrographic surveying in the Sudan by surveying the river banks in Khartoum & other areas.
- Aid the definition of National Waters of the Sudan in the Red Sea.
- Awareness of hydrographic surveying in general.
- Surveying & documents of all water surfaces in the Sudan.
* Mapping of the Sudan:
It is known that mapping in the Sudan is poor. Mean of raising the awareness of mapping & its importance need collection effort & means and ways of bridging the gap of lack of important map series in the Sudan.